Lately, I’ve been having an influx of those who not only say that racism is no longer a significant factor in the lives of people of color, blacks especially, or that it doesn’t exist, but that the problems blacks face are primarily their own fault. Here is what one person said:
“You just have to face it, there just aren’t that many racist incidents against us black people to justify saying that it’s a racist country.”
But then, this person challenged me and my readers to “prove” that racism is still alive and well. However, I have a feeling that doing so will be useless. The problem is trying to convince naysayers that racism exists. Yet, many of those who ask for “proof” will reject it usually as part of the leftist plot of trying to guilt trip white people and trick black folks into thinking that racism is still here when, in their minds, it isn’t.
Well, I shall attempt to show that racism is still alive and well with a few examples. Yes, I will call their bluff and dish out proof that this country’s still heavily racist. Though I know the obvious argument is that it came from the left.
- Black teens are 21 times more likely to be killed by a cop than white ones. With the ongoing police shootings and killings of black people, it’s a safe bet that this study nails the truth that black people seem scary to cops.
- A study by the University of Chicago have found that employers are more hesitant to check out applicants with black-sounding names. To put it simply, ‘Amber’ and ‘John’ are more likely to be screened for jobs as opposed to ‘Lakeisha’ and ‘Deshawn’.
- The racial empathy gap demonstrates that people are mostly likely to feel empathize with pain and sympathy for white people than blacks as many people associate black skin with evilness and invulnerability.
- Research has found that college professors favor white male students over everyone else.
- Blacks are paid less for the same jobs compared to whites.
- Research has shown that people, regardless of race, tend to trust white faces over black faces.
- Blacks and Hispanics of higher classes will still live in poorer communities than whites with working class incomes.
- There’s a gap in income and wealth between whites and nonwhites.
For more information, check out the following pages:
As you or anyone can see, racism, is still an American pastime. In fact, in most cases it’s business as usual, business which benefits white people as a whole. Regardless, another part of racism is to deny that racism exists. Despite overwhelming, indisputable evidence conducted by studies by this nation’s universities and colleges, there will always be those who refuse to see the truth in front of their faces.